Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good News!

                I'd like to think of myself as a happy person, but still, a lot of things annoy me. One of these is The News. I don't watch/read it often, but when I do, I always leave less happy than I was going in. The News is always full of the terrible things that go on in our world. I hear people talking about how everything in the world is wrong and evil. Everybody's killing everybody and kids are going missing. What they don't know is that The News only talks about the bad things. Here's a thought. For every kid that goes missing, billions of kids don't... People would have a better or at least more accurate view of the world if the news included happy happenings as well as unfortunate misfortunes. So I believe that to parallel The News, there should be a congruent "Good News" to cancel it out. So to get things rolling, I am going to start the trend of good news. Before continuing, you should be sure to read my last blog post, because it is relevant, but if you don't feel like reading it in its entirety, the summery can be found below
*                  Spoiler Alert                  *
Highlight
My dog was diagnosed with a fatal liver condition at age 6. She has a matter of days to live, and then I say nice stuff about her. I would recommend reading that rather grim yet condoling post.
*                 More Spoilers!             *
                Okay, that was bad news. But here is the good news. Her symptoms were getting better, so we had another vet look at the test results and symptoms. According to this vet, my dog is fine! Now that's a lot to take in! One day she's fine, the next she's dying, and now she's fine? That's weird, but I'm not complaining! As long as she's healthy I'm happy. And she's healthy, so I'm happy!
                See? That wasn't so bad. I gave good news, and the world didn't come to a screeching halt. Maybe instead of getting caught up in other people's tragedies, we should focus on the good stuff that happens, the "Good News". It'll put the world in perspective, and make it simply more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment